HNC, DMS, DipM, MCIM CIM President's Award
Unusually Ginette has worked in senior management and marketing roles in most sectors of the healthcare and medical industry – pharmaceuticals; medical devices; the NHS; diagnostics; patient groups and the private sector. She therefore has a good 360° perspective and has worked both in organisations and as a consultant and interim manager.
Her career started in R&D with Amersham [now GE]. She then gained sales experience with Hoechst [now Sanofi Aventis] and American Hospital Supply / Baxter Healthcare. Having completed a DMS and Diploma in Marketing she moved into marketing with AHS / Baxter and was acquired by DuPont Pharma [now BMS]. She then joined BUPA hospitals where she was head of marketing for all their 32 private hospitals.
Her first consultancy role was working with her former Marketing Director at Baxter, Angela Mitchell. They started Stewarts Medical Marketing and undertook a very large number of strategic marketing projects including –
- Marketing strategy and submission for a First Wave NHS Trust
- Feasibility study and strategy for UK entry for a pharmaceutical / healthcare company
- Launch plans for a new medical company.
Returning to industry she joined E-Z-EM a radiology company, specialising in interventional radiology and GI imaging [now part of Bracco] as European Marketing Manager. She was promoted first to sales and marketing manager and then UK Country Manager. She and her team delivered record profits and the first dividend to the parent company. At Guerbet Laboratories, a French contrast media company, as UK Country Manager she turned around a loss making company into profit.
Recent Consultancy Work
- Value-based pricing and health outcomes - a policy report
- Pre-market assessment and market access strategy for a new medical technology
- An FOI survey, analysis, report and campaign for a medical technology/patient group
- A strategy for raising awareness for a specialist professional medical association
- A competitive marketing strategy for an NHS Foundation Trust
- A feasibility and business plans for a new private hospital for brain injuries – now running successfully
- A benchmarking study on marketing excellence in the pharmaceutical industry
- Marketing due diligence for a cardiology devices across all major EU countries for an acquisition
- A communications plan for the National Service Framework for Long Term Disease for DH
- Reversing a NICE Interventional Procedures Review for a patient group.
Ginette was a very active member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing. She chaired Royal Counties Branch and was co-founder in 1994 and Chairman of the Medical Marketing Group until 2009. This group spans all the medical and healthcare sectors. She is proud to have received the CIM President’s Award ‘for many years outstanding services to the Institute’; Only 50 have ever been awarded - Ginette is the last of only 8 women to receive one.
Ginette has also served on Oxford City PCT and Oxford Ambulance Patient Fora and is a member of the Oxford Radcliffe Trust. She was co-founder and is coordinator of FEmISA (Fibroid Embolisation: Information, Support & Advice) an independent volunteer patient group and represents them on the Medical Technology Group, where she is on the management committee.
More information is available on our consultants and company affiliate network page.
Ginette Camps-Walsh receiving her CIM President's Award with Jonathan Perks, Chairman CIM Royal Counties and Prof. Malcolm McDonald, Royal Counties President and Prof. of Marketing at Cranfield.